- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well-being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Find out more about the Role of a MHFAider and implementing MHFA in your organisation.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. All delegates will receive the MHFA course manual, workbook and plastic action plan.
The sessions can be tailored slightly to allow for specific company focus and to include company specific information, case studies and support options.
MHFA COURSE OUTLINE: